Golden & Glaciers @ Camp Moose Trail in Golden BC
Aug 30th – Sept 2nd
Glamp. Raft. Hike. Explore.
This unique Glamping Experience is nestled in the perfect place to explore the Columbia Mountains. Situated along the Columbia River, and winding through Roger’s Pass, you will see the tallest peaks, the biggest glaciers, the most wonderful terrain, the craziest waterfalls and the biggest country in Canada. West of the Rockies, lie the Columbia mountains, famous for their massive annual snowfall, the Sawtooth Range and Glacier National Park.
We have found our base camp outside of Golden at Camp Moose Trail. This unique camping spot has room for 14 guests, all within their canvas Glamping Tents. A common eating area, the cedar hot tub and the outdoor shower make this a perfect pairing of outdoor charm, roughing it, and having a few luxury items at camp.
Explore your Accommodations
We have labeled this trip into the Semi-Dirt Bag category as it requires the guest to adapt to outdoor life and push yourself on some challenging terrain. It’s a great way to experience some of Canada’s camping culture with a few perks.
While nestled into our camp, we have the ability to explore a vast area. We want to get you to the top of some stunning scenery. Weather permitting, we plan to hike some major elevation and km’s, as well a offer a slightly easier option. This area showcases some of Canada’s biggest glaciers, and our Local Guide, Will Woods wants to take us up to some o the best bet glacier views in the country. With two guides on staff for this trip, the crew can be split up easily.
Golden is located beside the Columbia River which offers some amazing white water rafting. The famous Kicking Horse Run is known for it’s continuous Class 3 & 4 whitewater sections. Sunday we will have an option to take the afternoon ride with Kootenay River Runners.
The area is about 25km from Kinbasket Lake where a historical inlet pours into the bottom of the lake. The inlet, although running outwards, is an easy paddle up to the ford where the current is strong. Remnants of the old railroad, the formation of the dam and spectacular scenery line this narrow passage. An evening paddle will be offered during the trip.
3 night stay at Camp Moose Trail
Guided hikes (variety)
1 group paddle
Morning & Evening meals at camp (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Optional whitewater rafting with Kootenay River Runners
Extra Night at Camp
Options to stay another night at camp will be available for self guided tours after check out on the 2nd.
Travel to location
Lunch items and snacks
Meet Your Guides
- Will lives in Golden BC – married with kids
- 25 years experience in the Mountains
- Mount Royal College in Calgary with a Bachelors of Ecotourism and Outdoor Leadership,
- ACMG Ski and Hiking Guide
- Avalanche Professional with the Canadian Avalanche Association
- backpacked both the Overland Track and South Coast Track in Tasmania.
- Currently guides Hut to Hut hiking trips in the Esplanade Range of the Selkirks
- Loves sharing the Untamed Places with others
- Identifies as a Semi-dirt bag (he will sleep on the ground while guiding)
- Favourite Baclpacking Meal: Superstore Tropical Chicken Curry
Danielle (Dee) Roscher
- Lives half time in Grande Prairie, AB and half time in Tumbler Ridge BC
- 15 years experience in the mountains
- GPRC diploma in Personal Training (CSEP-CPT)
- Design Degree in Fashion Design and Merchandising
- ACMG Apprentice Hiking Guide
- Owns Untamed Tours Inc. and currently runs the company during the summer and manages the three South Peace Snowmobile Clubs in the winter
- Does not like backpacking (will do if absolutely necessary) but loves heli drops into the middle of nowhere
- Has transitioned from a Full Dirt-bag eating sour cream sandwiches on climbing trips to Semi-Dirt Bag, preferring little perks on outdoor adventures
- Favourite Backpacking Meal: Tropical Couscous and Coconut milk breakfast