Women’s Hiking Tour!
We are hosting a group called “Walking Women” in August and we would like you to join us. The Walking Women are travelling all the way from the UK to visit Canada!
Walking Women are trips FOR women, BY women. Created in the United Kingdom, Ginny and sister Sarah have an avid following of women who join together to experience the world through walking holidays. This summer, Walking Women are coming to Canada and we have the opportunity to share some of the fun with our local friends.
Get a “Taste of Tumbler” by seeing some of the most beautiful spots in the area. Each day we will be visiting a new part of Tumbler Ridge and beyond. You can sign up for one day or multiple days! You can also add on a stay at our beautiful vacation home, The Hideaway.
Take a look at the itinerary below.
All hikes are rated by the Walking Women Goat Guide: https://www.walkingwomen.com/walking-grades/
Friday August 25th Registration Closed
Dino Walk with the Museum and Shipyard Titanic $25
- Goat Level 1
- Walk back in time and learn some of the patterns of the great beasts of the past; the Dinosaurs who walked the earth along Flatbed Creek.
- Break for lunch then head towards the Shipyard/ Titanic for an easy/moderate hike to the area’s beautiful and unique rock formations
- Start time 1:00pm PST
Sunday Aug 27th Stone Corral and Kinuseo Falls Geological and Interpretive Tour with Geopark Staff – NO COST, limited space – Registration Closed
- Goat Level 2, approximately 7 hours
- No trip to Tumbler Ridge is complete without seeing Kinuseo Falls. This massive wonder of nature takes your breath away as you stand in the mist at the river bottom.
- Across the road is a historic trail called Stone Corral. Around each bend is a new surprise with 15 different interesting stops including two caves, a massive rock corral and a tiny underground stream fed lake.
- Geopark Geologist will be educating on rock formations and interpretation of the landscape
Start time 9am PST
Monday August 28 – Registration Closed
Bull Moose Marshes Bird and Paddle Tour ($25 for the tour, add on $20 for a paddle board or $55 for a kayak)
- Learn about birding with Geopark Director and birding enthusiast, Manda Maggs. Learn when to view them, what types of quirky characteristics they have, calls and more. We start on the trails and then get a chance to be close up to the birds on boats.
- Start time 7:30am PST – approximately 3 hours
Tuesday August 29th
Cameron Lakes Lodge & Hudson Hope Dam ($25/person)
- Meet at the lodge anytime between 10am-12pm – day event
Wednesday, August 30th Ridge Heli Tour
Windfall Lake and Ridgeline with Circular Route ($40/person)
- Start time 10am PST – approximately 6.5 hours
Ridge Heli Tour
Stay with us at The Hideaway!